How we can support you
The Doctors in Italy Scholarships recognize and support students who have shown an international mindset and a passion for healthcare, facilitating their participation in the Doctors in Italy Fellowship Program, a study abroad opportunity specific for their career goals.
A limited number of scholarships are made available to selected applicants. If you wish to apply for a scholarship, check the requirements and procedure outlined below.
To support applicants who are in the process of completing their interview and waiting to hear about their acceptance, the deadlines for both scholarship types have been extended to March 24 2023.
GPA: 3.8 or more
Summer deadline: March 3, 2023 (extended to March 24)
Must have: demonstrated commitment to exceptional academic results and extracurricular achievements
GPA: 3.2 or higher
Summer deadline: March 3 2023 (extended to March 24)
Must have: contributing to the cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity of the Program
What you need before applying
In order to be considered for a scholarship you will need to be officially enrolled in one of the Doctors in Italy Fellowship Programs for summer 2023.
Here’s the complete process up to your scholarship application:
- Complete your application for a Doctors in Italy Fellowship Program.
- If you qualify, you’ll be invited to attend an interview with our Admissions team.
- Within 10 days after your interview, you will be notified of our final decision regarding your application.
- If you are accepted into the program, you will be invited to pay a €300 deposit to secure your spot.
- At this point, you will receive instructions on how to apply for a scholarship.
Advice for scholarship applicants
Featured Scholarship Winners
Some of the selected fellows who have been awarded a scholarship in the past years, and their inspiring stories.
What to prepare for your application
- A signed letter of request, with your full name and details
- A personal statement brief (up to 2 pages) describing how your life experiences have shaped your perspectives and values, why you are committed to a career in healthcare and your plans after graduation
- Academic transcripts confirming that you are enrolled and current GPA
- A video (between 1 and 2 minutes in length) to explain why you wish to join the Doctors in Italy Fellowship Program (creativity is appreciated!)
Once you are ready to apply, send your application and attached documents or links to the admissions team via email (to the same email that sends you updates on your progress in the enrollment).
The subject of the email should look like this: “Scholarship Application – Name Surname”.
I was really surprised to see the way I carried myself so well and became fearless and confident in my passion for medicine throughout the program.Nthabeleng MacDonald Student at Gallaudet University
Rome Fellowship '22
Diversity Scholarship '22